Sunday, January 13, 2013

Exciting Kansas City Eatery News


Tyler D, Travis, Morgan, my mom, me, Tyler T, my dad, Kristen and Dave enjoying lunch at Oregano's pizza

We had a fabulous trip to Phoenix/Scottsdale, Arizona for the Fiesta Bowl.  *Minus the outcome of the game.  Regardless, we got in some great family time and met some amazing people on the trip.  This picture is from a lunch we shared with an awesome family and it was one of the highlights of my trip.  One reason being, the food (pizza) was delicious, but that's for another blog post.  The purpose of this is to tell all you Kansas City readers about a new place opening in Kansas City!  

If you read my blog post about Local you will remember how much I enjoyed the food and the concept of the restaurant.  I also mentioned the owner of Local was the owner of GTM sportswear.

{Side note: GTM is where my mom purchased these t-shirts that were a huge hit at the pep rally}




Anyway, we enjoyed a wonderful lunch with delicious food and ever better company the day after the game. Allow me to introduce you (via blog) to the Dreiling family, owners of GTM and also involved with Local, Coco Bolo's, Cox Brothers BBQ and others.  This family was nothing but a joy to get to know.  Although I already was in favor of supporting their locally owned restaurants, after meeting them I will continue even more to tell anyone who will listen that this is a great local family to support! 

Now, to the juicy part.  I feel I allowed ample time to pass before I took a risk at embarrassing Travis (who already knew the family) and expressed my admiration for Local as well as my frequent visits to Coco Bolo's while in Manhattan.  Which, then led to two things. 

1) A wonderful discussion with Kristen about their huge garden (the one that supplies the produce for Local) as well as their chickens.  That's right, I found another contact who offered to give me some fresh eggs.  I realize none of you care about reason number one.  Keep reading, you're going to care about reason number two.

2)  Dave told us he's opening a quick-casual version of Coco Bolo's in Kansas City.  YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Here's where I started firing questions, getting very enthusiastic, I was lost in my own world and then...bam...one quick glance at Travis and I toned it down a notch.  I mean, nobody wants to be the embarrassing older sister.

I should have been taking notes, but that would have been way weird. So, instead, here's what I remember: the menu is still getting finalized, it will be located at 119th & Metcalf (by IHOP and the new Famous Daves), it's called Traqueros and it opens sometime in February!  Oh, and the cheese dip is improved.  I will keep you posted as I learn more.  Who's excited?!













   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments!